Indian Team Practice Highlights: KL Rahul-led Team India’s training concludes
All eyes in practice will be on SuryaKumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, R Ashwin, and Washington Sundar.
Team India-led by KL Rahul has concluded practice at PCA Mohali ahead of IND vs AUS 1st ODI. The session will begin at 6 PM IST. All eyes in practice will be on SuryaKumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, R Ashwin, and Washington Sundar. With just two weeks till the ICC ODI World Cup 2023, the India Cricket Team will have the final opportunity to practice the combinations in India vs Australia (IND vs AUS) ODI series starting September 22.
Practice today (21st September) at PCA Stadium
- Australia will train from 1 PM onwards at the PCA stadium, Mohali
- A player or member of support staff will address a press conference at 12:15 PM approx
- India will train from 5 PM onwards at the PCA stadium, Mohali
- A player or member of support staff will address a press conference on arrival at 5:15 PM approx
- Virat Kohli away on a 4-month sabbatical from ODIs, T20s
- 4 players in race for India’s keeper-batter slots in T20 WC
- Suryakumar Yadav set to break Virat Kohli’s T20I record for India
IND vs AUS 1st ODI
In light of this, a healthy Shreyas Iyer will be back in India’s playing XI against Australia since he needs as much match time as possible. The attention will also be on Suryakumar Yadav, who has yet to find his groove in ODIs.
Mohammed Siraj, the current No. 1 ODI bowler and the Asia Cup player of the match, is most likely to sit out of the first ODI between India and Australia in favor of Prasidh Krishna and Mohammad Shami.
India must make a number of choices with KL Rahul back in the captain’s chair while Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Hardik Pandya all resting from the first two ODIs.
Predicted India Playing XI vs AUS 1st ODI
- Ishan Kishan
- Shubman Gill
- Ruturaj Gaikwad
- Shreyas Iyer
- KL Rahul (WK)
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Ravindra Jadeja
- R Ashwin
- Mohd Shami
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Prasidh Krishna