IPL 2021 Final – CSK vs KKR LIVE: Is Venkatesh Iyer the biggest find of IPL 2021? The IPL 2021 Phase 2 saw the birth of a new star in the name of Venkatesh Iyer for Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR). He emerged as the new talisman who stepped up with purpose. His presence at the top of the order saw the rise of KKR from 7th in IPL 2021 Points Table to making it to the playoffs. As KKR guns for their 3rd IPL – can he shine again? Follow CSK vs KKR LIVE Updates from IPL Finals on InsideSport.in
IPL 2021 Final live: Will Venkatesh Iyer again be KKR’s trump card? Can he deliver in the biggest match of his life? Follow CSK vs KKR LIVE Updates
– Iyer’s stats in IPL 2021
- Venkatesh Iyer has taken the IPL 2021 by storm.
- He has smashed 300+ runs in just 9 appearances which features 3 half-centuries.
- The left-handed batsman batted at an average of 40 with a decent strike rate of 125.
- He also possesses the ability to contribute to the bowling department.
|vs Sunrisers||8||—||03-Oct-2021||Dubai (DSC)|
|vs Punjab Kings||67||1/30||01-Oct-2021||Dubai (DSC)|
|vs Super Kings||18||0/5||26-Sep-2021||Abu Dhabi|
|vs Mumbai||53||—||23-Sep-2021||Abu Dhabi|
|vs RCB||41*||—||20-Sep-2021||Abu Dhabi|
Will KKR all-rounder live up to the hype in CSK vs KKR finals?
– Iyer vs CSK?
- Venkatesh Iyer has played just lone innings against CSK. He failed to weave his magic in his first appearance against the yellow army. He fell prey to Shardul Thakur for just 18 runs off 15 balls. He will look to make up for it on the night of the IPL 2021 Final.
- A lot of players fail to perform under pressure but Venkatesh Iyer is likely to level up against CSK. He is never seen short of confidence during his previous outings.
- One of the main reasons behind KKR success is the opening partnership, Iyer will aim to contribute once more time the top of the order.
- Venkatesh Iyer is one such player who is not going to give away his wicket. You have to get him out and he doesn’t play wayward short unless he scores around 40 odd runs.
1 IPL Wonder- List
- Venkatesh Iyer has become 1 IPL wonder like Paul Valthaty and Shaun Marsh. He has so far scored 320 runs and took 3 wickets.
- In IPL 2021, Paul Valthaty had smacked 463 runs in 14 matches and scalped 7 wickets. The South African allrounder had played for Punjab Kings but he failed to repeat his heroics.
- Swapnil Asnodkar has slammed 311 runs in 9 matches at a strike rate of 133+. He had shocked everyone with his fearless batting and helped Rajasthan Royals win the inaugural IPL title.
- Manvinder Bisla had hit headlines when he struck 255 runs in 14 matches for KKR in IPL 2012. His 89 runs innings in the final against CSK guided Kolkata to their maiden IPL title.
- Manpreet Gony achieved success with CSK in IPL 2008 where he picked 17 wickets in 16 matches. His sensational performance helped him made India debut but soon declined after a couple of ODIs.
- Like Manpreet, Delhi Capitals had unearthed a talented pacer named, Yo Mahesh, in maiden IPL season. He scalped 16 wickets in the season but failed to step up in the remaining IPL seasons.
- Pune Warriors pacer Rahul Sharma became a household name in IPL 2011 with 13 wickets in the season. His exceptional performance paved the way to team India but his career went downhill.
- In IPL 2009, Delhi Capitals’ Pradeep Sangwan had a fabulous outing. He took 15 wickets in 13 matches and ended as the second-highest wicket-taker after Ashish Nehra. He couldn’t replicate his form in the remaining seasons.
IPL 2021 Final: Is Venkatesh Iyer the biggest find of IPL 2021? Will KKR all-rounder live up to the hype in CSK vs KKR finals? Follow LIVE updates
For more sports news and IPL 2021 Final live- CSK vs KKR updates, follow us at insidesport.co