It’s time for the battle royale in Indian Premier League 2020 as after almost two gruelling months in the UAE, the top two sides in the points table Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals will take on each other in the IPL 2020 Final on November 10 in Dubai with the aim to lift the coveted trophy.
However, the summit clash is not just about winning the prestigious trophy, but there’s more to that. The match will witness some personal battles as well, and one of them will be the most six-smasher vs the most four-hitter.
MI’s Ishan Kishan is currently leading the sixes tally having smashed 29 sixes in 13 games, while on the other hand, DC opener Shikhar Dhawan has hit maximum fours (64) in the tournament so far.
IPL 2020: List of maximum SIX hitting players in IPL 2020:
- Ishan Kishan (MI): 13 matches – 29 sixes
- Sanju Samson (RR): 14 matches – 26 sixes
- Hardik Pandya (MI): 13 matches – 25 sixes
- Nicholas Pooran (KXIP): 14 Matches -25 sixes
- Eoin Morgan (KKR): 14 matches – 24 sixes
IPL 2020: Players with Most fours in IPL 2020
- Shikhar Dhawan (DC): 64 fours in 16 matches
- SuryaKumar Yadav (MI): 60 fours in 15 matches
- KL Rahul (KXIP): 58 fours in 14 matches
- David Warner (SRH): 52 fours in 16 matches
- Devdutt Padikkal (RCB): 51 fours in 15 matches
Moreover, both the batsmen are currently in the top five of the Orange Cap tally.
While Kishan is fourth in the tally with 483 runs from 12 innings, Dhawan is currently the second leading run-scorer having scored 603 runs in 16 games. Also, the southpaw is just 68 runs away from surpassing the table leader KL Rahul and clinching the Orange Cap.
IPL 2020 Orange Cap Leaderboard
Quinton de Kock
Interestingly, the IPL 2020 Final will witness one more battle – The battle of Purple Cap.
Delhi Capitals pacer Kagiso Rabada and Mumbai Indians pacer Jasprit Bumrah, will be up against each other in the IPL 2020 final, hence, the Purple Cap race will go right down to the wire.
Rabada currently has 29 wickets to his name and he is leading the Purple Cap tally, however, Bumrah is not far behind with 27 wickets in his kitty. The Indian pacer is in the second spot in the tally.
IPL 2020 Purple Cap Leaderboard
MI vs DC important stats ahead of IPL 2020 Final
Head-to-head: (27 matches – MI 15| DC 12)
– The two teams have faced each other 27 times in the IPL so far. MI has dominated the face-offs, winning it 15 times.
Last IPL 2020 meeting:
– Delhi (143/8 in 20 overs) lost to Mumbai (200/5 in 20 overs) by 57 runs.
IPL 2020 Form guide: (last five matches | win:loss)
- Mumbai has won three of its last five matches to advance to the final. (3:2)
- Delhi has lost three of its last five matches. (2:3)
- Both teams finished in the top two at the end of the round-robin stage. Mumbai won 9 games while Delhi won 8.