India Tour of Australia 2020: The Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) announced the 32-member Indian squad for the tour of Australia on Monday evening. The All-India Senior Selection Committee met via video-conference on Monday to select the Indian Cricket Team for the upcoming Tour of Australia. Team India will take part in three T20Is, three ODIs and four Test matches against Australia.
Here are 10 big takeaways from India’s squads:
- Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma not named in any of the three squads.
- Uncapped Varun Chakravarthy selected for the T20Is. The leg-spinner has had a strong showing in Indian Premier League in the United Arab Emirates and captured his first five-wicket haul of the tournament on Saturday.
- Pacer Mohammed Siraj is the fifth speedster in the Test squad.
- Sanju Samson finds a place in T20I squad.
- KL Rahul returns to the Test team and will be part of all the three squads.
- Shubman Gill, owing to his good form, selected for ODI and Test squads.
- Hardik Pandya, who hasn’t played for India since September 22 last year, has been picked for the three One-Day Internationals and three Twenty20 Internationals.
- Rishabh Pant misses out in limited-overs squad.
- The man in form SuryaKumar Yadav ignored by the selectors.
- Manish Pandey named in T20I and ODI squad.
INDIA TOUR OF AUSTRALIA: CHECK all 3 squads for the tour of Australia
Team India T20I squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul (vice-captain and wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, Varun Chakravarthy
Team India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (vice-captain & wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur
Team India Test squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper), Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Mohd. Siraj
Four additional bowlers – Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Kartik Tyagi, Ishan Porel and T. Natarajan – will travel with the Indian contingent.