India Playing XI vs England: Shubman Gill gets his partner, Cheteshwar Pujara trusted to start INDIA’s innings vs England: Follow IND vs ENG LIVE UPDATES
India Playing XI vs ENGLAND – India England Edgbaston Test: India Playing XI Edgbaston Test: England have won the toss and have…
India Playing XI vs ENGLAND – India England Edgbaston Test: India Playing XI Edgbaston Test: England have won the toss and have opted to field: India is batting 1st and Cheteshwar Pujara along with Shubman Gill will start Indian innings. India has opted to play only with 4 PACERS with no place for R.ASHWIN in Playing XI. The match will be broadcasted LIVE on Sony Sports Network. Follow India vs England 5th TEST LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
Bumrah, Siraj, Shardul and Shami along with Jaddu as the all-rounder.
On stakes is 5 Match Test Series which India currently leads by 2-1. Jasprit Bumrah will have a huge challenge at hands as he captains Indian cricket team for the 1st TIME.
India (Playing XI): Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Bumrah(c)
England (Playing XI): Alex Lees, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes(c), Sam Billings(w), Matty Potts, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, James Anderson
- India take on England today at Edgbaston in Birmingham
- Currently, the visitors lead the series 2-1 after last year’s postponement of the series
- Rohit Sharma tested positive for COVID-19 yet again on Thursday morning.
- Jasprit Bumrah will lead the team in Rohit’s absence.
India Playing XI vs England: Who will open with Shubman Gill in 5th Test? Bumrah to pick between Pujara or Mayank Agarwal: Follow IND vs ENG Live Updates
India Playing XI Edgbaston Test: The playing XI for the MATCH has become some sort of RIDDLE.
- Will India go ahead with two spinners?
- Who will open for India in place of Rohit?
Ashwin Set to get go ahead: According to information coming in from team India camp, Ravichandran Ashwin looks set to play the rescheduled final game of the series. He wasn’t considered for any of the four Tests in England last year under the previous team management led by Ravi Shastri
The conditions have prompted current head coach Rahul Dravid and stand-in captain Jasprit Bumrah to consider the wily off-spinner in the playing XI this time.
Sources told InsideSport that Ashwin will be partnering Ravindra Jadeja as the Indians are likely to go in with two spinners and three pacers.
The spin duo, with 684 wickets between them, have played just four Tests together outside the subcontinent.
“Ash was… a bit of a concern because he had Covid but he came to the practice game and we got some bowling out of him. He pulled through really well in the nets… He’s fit,” Dravid said on Wednesday.
Who will open for India in place of Rohit? The bigger riddle is who would be Shubman Gill’s opening partner?
The indications from the team management is that Cheteshwar Pujara is likely to OPEN for India in the match.
Dropped from the side because of poor form after the South Africa tour, Pujara has forced himself in with tonnes of runs during his stint with Sussex in the County Championship.
“It’s not very different batting at No.3 or opening, it’s not a huge difference,” Dravid indicated of Opening role for Pujara.
India Playing XI (probable): 1 Shubman Gill, 2 Cheteshwar Pujara/Mayank Agarwal, 3 Hanuma Vihari, 4 Virat Kohli, 5 Shreyas Iyer, 6 Rishabh Pant (wk), 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Shardul Thakur/ R Ashwin, 9 Mohammed Shami, 10 Mohammed Siraj, 11 Jasprit Bumrah (capt.)
DECISION 1: DONE – Rohit Sharma is unavailable
- Rohit Sharma has been officially ruled out of the 5th Test which could have been his first assignment as a Test captain in SENA country.
- He is yet to return a negative RT-PCR result after testing positive again on Thursday.
- As a precaution, Rohit is still in isolation.
Decision 2: DONE – New Captain Appointment: Bumrah is the new captain
- As Rohit Sharma is unavailable, the BCCI has appointed Jasprit Bumrah as the NEW-CAPTAIN for the Edgbaston Test.
- Bumrah has become 7th captain to take charge of India as the regular captain has been ruled out.
List of Indian Captains in last 9 Months:
1. Rohit Sharma – India vs Sri Lanka, India vs West Indies, India vs New Zealand
2. KL Rahul – India tour of South Africa
3. Virat Kohli – India tour of South Africa, India vs New Zealand
4. Ajinkya Rahane – India vs New Zealand 1st Test
5. Rishabh Pant – India vs South Africa
6. Hardik Pandya – India tour of Ireland
7. Jasprit Bumrah – India vs England 5th Test
- England Playing XI 5TH TEST
- England Playing XI vs ENG
- IND Playing XI 5th Test
- IND Squad for England
- IND VS ENG
- IND vs ENG 5th Test
- IND vs ENG Edgbaston Test
- IND VS ENG Live
- Ind vs Eng live streaming
- ind vs eng schedule
- IND vs ENG Squad
- Ind vs Eng Test
- IND vs ENG Test squad
- India England Edgbaston Test
- India Playing XI 5th Test
- India Playing XI Edgbaston Test
- India Playing XI vs ENG
- India Playing XI vs ENGLAND
- India Squad ENG
- India Squad England Tour
- India Squad for ENG
- India Tour of England
- India VS England
- India vs England Live
- India vs England Test
- KS Bharat
- Mayank Agarwal
- Rohit Sharma
- Rohit Sharma COVID-19
- Shubman Gill