- 3rd highest record scorer for England in Tests
- Joe Root surpassed Alec Stewart to become third-highest run-scorer for England in Tests.
- Joe Root is the first batsman ever to score a double century in 100th Test.
- 218 runs– the highest individual score at Chepauk Stadium in Tests. He surpassed Dean Jeans of Australia (210 runs).
- Joe Root now has the highest score by an England captain in India.
- He is the first England player to reach 200 with a SIX. Root charged down the wicket against Ravi Ashwin to hit a six over long-on.
- He is the second visiting player after Brendan McCullum to score a double century since 2010.
- Joe Root broke Inzamam-ul-Haq’s (184 runs) record of highest individual runs in Tests.
- The England skipper is the 15th batsman to score a double hundred in India (all Tests).
- Joe Root equals Don Bradman’s record of three 150+ consecutive Tests.
- He equalled five double centuries record held by Alastair Cook (second-most for England).
The England skipper has dominated in Asian conditions right from the beginning of 2021. Root had earlier slammed 200 and 186 against Sri Lanka in the last Test series. He has registered tons against India in his maiden, 50th and 100th Test. His ton has helped England go past 500 runs on Day of the Chennai Test.
For more cricket stats, news and updates; follow us at insidesport.co